forger allows adjusting user settings in the preferences menu, these user choices are saved and restored across different forger sessions.
The preferences can be edited through the "Preferences" menu.
Smooth Size Multiplier: This is the brush size multiplier used when temporarily switching to the Smooth brush (the default is 1.33).
Free Orbit Style: Controls the orbiting style. When disabled, the orbiting style will be turntable (the classic navigation for all 3d software); when enabled the orbiting style will be a ”Rolling Ball” freestyle orbiting (this navigation style might feel more natural to some users for sculpting as it has no restrictions in the way it handles orbiting).
Action Pivot: Enable this option to use the last active point as the center for all navigation actions, note that this center will still stay in place in screen coordinates.
Left Handed: Changes the layout of the app to display the SideBar and menus on the right, having this disabled will mean that the app is in Right Handed mode and thus the sidebar and menus will be on the left. (This may seem counter-intuitive but is actually done on purpose so the hand that you don’t use as much is the one you will use to change brushes and the other hand can stay on top of the model).
Pencil Double Tap: If using an Apple Pencil with double tap support, this allows choosing whether the iOS level setting is followed or a custom forger one is used.
Action Modifier: If using an external keyboard, this allows to define whether the "Command" or the "Control" key is preferred for basic shortcuts.
Pressure Curve: This curve is applied to the input pressure of the various devices before setting the final pressure in the active tool, allowing you to adjust pressure handling to your preference.
- Background Color: Controls the background color (clear color) of the viewport.
- Cursor Default: Controls the usual color of the cursor, when there is no shortcut pressed.
- Cursor Smooth: Controls the color of the cursor, when the smooth shortcut button is pressed.
- Cursor Alternate: Controls the color of the cursor, when the alternate shortcut button is pressed.
- Display Pressure Widget: This option will add a little widget to the viewport that will display stylus pressure if a pressure-sensitive stylus is being used.
- Display Memory Chart: Shows a viewport widget in the form of a pie chart that represents the memory taken up by forger (blue), all the other apps (red) and the available memory (green). Please note that the operating system needs some memory left to work so it is recommended that there is some memory left to the OS to work with. It is recommended that you close all background apps that you can.
- Show Memory Warnings: By default, forger shows memory warnings whenever it receives one, but you can disable this from the menu although doing so is not recommended.
- Reset All Settings: Resets all settings to factory settings, including all tool preferences.
- Auto Save Scene: This option will determine whether the scene will be autosaved when the app is moved to the background, it will automatically disable itself if the scene is deemed 'too heavy' (with prior notification).
- Max. Files: Determines the maximum amount of autosaves.
- Flush History: This option will flush history freeing up memory.